To apply for federal student aid you need to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. Be sure to use TCC’s federal school code 009763. Completing the FAFSA is free and gives you access to federal, state and institutional funding.
Getting Started with Financial Aid at Tulsa Community College
- Apply for Admission to TCC. To receive federal student aid, you must be admitted to TCC as a degree seeking student and provide all necessary transcripts.
- High School Completion - Federal regulations require all students applying for financial aid to provide TCC with your final high school transcript or documentation certifying your GED or home school credential.
- Transfer Students - You must submit all official final academic transcripts from each college or university attended. If you are currently attending another college or university, have the official academic transcript sent at the end of the term once all grades for classes are listed.
- Complete the FAFSA. Enter TCC’s federal school code (009763) as a school who will receive the results of your FAFSA. Allow at least two weeks for your application to be sent to TCC.
- Visit Academic Advising to choose the degree and major you will seek. To receive financial aid, you must seek an Associates of Arts (AA), an Associates of Science (AS), or an Associates of Applied Science (AAS) degree or one of the Certificate programs that are approved for financial aid. If you are undecided about which degree program is right for you, you can get help from an Academic Advisor at any TCC campus.
- Visit and Review your MyTCC account. Inside the MyTCC portal you will have access to your TCC email account and Financial Aid Dashboard where you will find important information about your financial aid. Be sure to check your account regularly for missing documents, status changes and other useful information. This is the primary way you will receive notices from the Financial Aid & Scholarships Office.
- Research Scholarship Opportunities. Learn more about TCC's available Scholarships.