The graduate will receive an Associate Degree in Applied Science, and is eligible to take national and state licensing and certifying examinations. After passing theses examinations, the graduate may practice dental hygiene under the supervision of a licensed dentist. Individuals who have a history of any of the following circumstances, may not be eligible for dental hygiene licensure in the state of Oklahoma.
- Been addicted to narcotics or alcohol.
- Received treatment for the habitual use of narcotics or alcohol.
- Been convicted for a narcotics-related offense.
- Ever been reprimanded, disciplined, disqualified or suspended from the practice of dentistry or another health-related field.
- Ever been a patient in a sanitarium or institution for the treatment of mental illness.
- Been arrested/convicted of any felony offense, including a deferred sentence
If any of these circumstances exist, it is advised that the prospective student discuss this with the Oklahoma Board of Dentistry prior to making application to the program.
Oklahoma Board of Dentistry
2920 N. Lincoln Blvd
Oklahoma City, OK 73105