The following service-learning resource materials are available at each campus. Contact your TCC Service-Learning Faculty Coordinator for further information.
Campus Compact Publications
- Engaged Department
- Assessing Service
- Civic Engagement Across the Curriculum
- Fundamentals of Service-Learning Course Construction.
- Up and Running; A Step-by-Step Guide to Organizing an Introductory Service-Learning Institute
- Service Learning Matters; A Sourcebook for Community Service in Higher Education
- Establishing and Sustaining an Office of Community Service
- Knowing You've Made a Difference; Strengthening Campus-Based Mentoring Programs through Evaluation and Research
- When Community Enters the Equation; Enhancing Science, Mathematics and Engineering Education through Service-Learning
Additional books and journals are available for check-out in the Engaged Student Programming office. To view the complete list, please click here.
AAHE's Series on Service-Learning in the Disciplines
This series goes beyond simple “how to” to provide a rigorous intellectual forum. Theoretical essays illuminate issues of general importance to educators interested in using a Service-Learning pedagogy. Pedagogical essays discuss the design, implementation, conceptual content, outcomes, advantages and disadvantages of specific Service-Learning programs, courses and projects. All essays are authored by teacher-scholars in the discipline. Representative of a wide range of individual interests and approaches, the Series provides substantive discussions supported by research, course models in a rich conceptual context, annotated bibliographies and program descriptions.
|Peace Studies||Philosophy||Political Science|
|Teacher Education||Women's Studies||Concepts & Models in Spanish|
Other useful resources for service-learning classes:
Critical thinking A guide on critical thinking including some intellectual standards and traits for critical thinking.
This site provides information on standards of education, functions and courses of study at state colleges and unveirsities, and information on scholarships and special programs It also contains the OkCC Newsletters (current and archived).